Monday, November 5, 2007

Week 8 - You Tube




Now this really feels like playing.....looking at You Tube while at work. Thanks!

This clip is one that I saw at a conference in June and it really clicked for me. I have been sent it since the conference which shows how information flows.

There are so many different uses for video clips and You Tube is a tremendous clearinghouse for them. In the Literacy Dept. we have started thinking about how video could reach people needing support with their reading very effectively on the TPL website. It is something that we will explore.

This leads me to another You Tube clip that I found....the Web 2.0 Manifesto. We need to keep this spirit going once the 23 Things training is done. I have been talking it up with colleagues and non-library folk. This type of training is infectious and needs to be shared. Move over 'Move that Mouse' make room for 'Web 2.0 Mania'.

Dawna.


1 comment:

23 Things Staff said...

Excellent choice of videos, Dawna. I'll remember these for future use.