Friday, October 5, 2007

Assignment #3

I was glad to learn about RSS feeds for this assignment. It had been an acronym that I had read and heard bandied about. I had a rudimentary understanding of it am glad that 23 Things encouraged me to learn more.

I have subscribed to several feeds. The challenge will be to add Bloglines to my daily web visits.

I chose the following feeds:
Blog Line top links - I thought this would be a good way to keep up to date.
Blog Line News - this may have been an automatic one. It will help me get more familiar with Blog Line's features.
Boing Boing - I think I heard this one referenced at a conference. My curiousity made me subscribe. It is a combination of weird and wonderful facts.
Libary Journal News - as requested.
Salon - I want to be more well rounded in my current events.
The Shifted Librarian - again, the professional curiousity.

I think I would be more inclined to follow RSS feeds if they came directly into my in-box. I will aim to make visiting Bloglines one of my daily activities.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Dawna.

1 comment:

23 Things Staff said...

Great selection of feeds - you'll be busy.