Thursday, October 18, 2007

Assignment #5

I was surprised to hear that we are halfway through this training. I am really enjoying it. Enjoying the unexpected aspects....the fact that there is a community of 23 Things trainees at TPL, that almost all of the staff in our Dept. are participating and using the new skills in different ways and most of all learning.

I had scanned this assignment this morning and just made a mental note about del.icio.us. Imagine my surprise when I was doing a websearch for another projects and google (egads - do I confess here that I am a google searcher?!) delivered some del.icio.us sites.

So, while having lunch at my computer (another bad habit I know) I doodled around the del.ici.ous site and got a few things going on. I was happy to see that 2 of the sites I listed have several hundred OR thousand listings. I like the 'popular' and 'recent' buttons as a method of discovering what is on the wave ahead.

I feel that I am transitioning from being a basic net user to being a little bit more on the edge of its potential. I started a new blog to help monitor the sharing and use of our family cottage. I will work on this one with my brother in the U.K.

Looking forward to next week. Still having a ton-o-fun with the photo site.

Dawna.

1 comment:

23 Things Staff said...

Nice post, Dawna. I'm impressed how many of these new tools being showcased in the training are very easy to use and more important, easy to find a use for.